Wednesday 29 July 2009

?{GET MYSELF SOME EDUCATION&%

I'm starting to learn a bit more about my camera. Just recently I looked for the Dutch manual that came with the camera and started reading it something I had never done before (!) The thing is when I buy something like a camera I don't have the patience to first read the manual and get to know all about the different options, I just want to start shooting pictures. So for months I've been using this thing without having complete knowledge about every button and all the possibilities it offers. I just kept using the same options and when switching between them I never really noticed any clear difference. But after having done some more reading this morning and experimenting this afternoon I've come to realize there really are differences! Of course I guessed this was already the case. It had to be, why else are there different options and not just one?! But having more knowledge about what each button is for and the possibilities it offers I now understand my camera way better than I did yesterday. It's funny when you read the manual and you follow the instructions that when you try it out yourself you actually really get what you read. I didn't know I was able to manually change the darkness and brightness and to such huge extent! For some people this might be no news, but to me it is! :)) I may even end up feeling very different towards using the auto-correct button on my pc or programmes like Photoshop. Because it has become really clear to me now that you can already brighten up an image with your camera. So either way you do this while shooting or do this after during post-production using Photoshop or the auto-correct button. There's no real difference really. Nothing seems completely real anymore. There's always some intervention going on whether you like it or not. I guess I'd always knew this and at the same time not really. It seems I had to be made aware. So it's a good thing I'm finally learning. Only downside is that I now feel like I have a million different possibilities to take a picture that I didn't have yesterday. So how am I going to choose?! I guess in time I will learn to recognize a certain situation and immediately know what option or style is best to use but for now these next couple of days will be filled with discovery.

Tomorrow at 9 pm UK time, 10 pm here, Arctic Monkeys will do a live web transmission playing songs from their upcoming third album Humbug! Watch it all go down here
I'll make sure I'll be home watching!!

No comments: