Thursday 9 July 2009

^&COMMERCIALS:}

I woke up pretty early and spent my morning looking at some really nice but also some very cheesy commercials. There's something about this Burberry one that's just all kinds of cool.



The featured song is by this band called Blondelle titled pest Control. It's a good one.

And because I've gone a little bit Daria Werbowy obsessive.



Daria H&M Photoshot from p on Vimeo.



Kris Van Assche, Julius, Blaak Homme, and Junya Watanabe. All from the latest Paris Fashion Week

The Mediocre

Kris Van Assche - Nicely layered. Layering is a good thing. I just don't really like it that much. It's alright. Expected more.















Blaak Homme - Footwear is a bit odd. It's all pretty different. Own style. Rather unusual looking. It's not bad but just very different. :) Perhaps not what I would wear. Good choice of models. They wear the clothes well and make them look good. Feels more art project-ish.

The model's red hair makes it look good :)



Hmmm, what are those shoes? Give me a closer look.







Junya Watanabe - His models should look a bit less cranky. Don't like the hats. They ruin the looks for me a bit. It's hard to see past them. There aren't many looks that really strike me. Not that impressed. It's a bit too repetitive in a negative sense. Have the feeling I saw some looks over and over again.

Wouldn't think about wearing pink jeans but they work quite well here



Nice kind of green



Nice blazer








Julius - Has good boots. Some jeans are pretty cool. The drapery thing is not working for me though. Not at all. Apart from that it's good. These looks I like.





This look I like






This is what I mean. Come on, no one would want to wear this unless you're out in the desert



Not my style



All pictures from WWD.com

Thomas Giddings, photographer







More at Contributing Editor

Added the new Arctic Monkeys to the playlist. Grew on me quickly. It's a good song with some pretty catchy parts.

No comments: