Friday 10 July 2009

*$DELON )_

I came to watch La Piscine, but it was sold out (!) At the Filmmuseum in Amsterdam they have a Alain Delon retrospective and apparently it's very popular. Because I did not make a reservation I decided to watch La Tulipe Noir instead. That one is also with Delon, though I don't really care about the guy. I wanted to see La Piscine because I never saw a Romy Schneider film before and I don't know if it's a real classic, but I have a feeling it is. Hopefully next time I will be able to see it. La Tulipe Noir was pretty fun though. Not to be taken too seriously it's like a Robin Hood kind of adventure film. Delon is perfect as the hero, he even plays two parts. He didn't seem to take himself too seriously either. There were some really fun and cheesy moments. It's full of clichés and the acting is over the top dramatic. So I quite enjoyed it even though I would not have chosen to see the film myself. If I didn't have this special pass which allows me to see as many films that I want for only 17,50 euros I perhaps would have gone home and come back another time to see La Piscine or maybe I would have checked out another cinema. But because of that pass I don't mind how much the film costs, 'cause I don't have to pay anyway.
Tomorrow I'll be at the North Sea Jazz Festival. There isn't an artist I really need to see. I'm basically going because my parents and brother are going and they thought it would be nice if I would be there as well. I'll just be their accessory. :)

Listenend to Jay Reatard in the train on my way back. I think I've reached my Reatard obsessive moment. My Shadow is such a good track

Stripped down Phoenix! :D







Interview!
LOL I didn't realize I had never heard them speak. It's kind of cute, makes you want to go aaaaaaaaaaaaaww!! With such a heavy accent. I had no idea. Not surprised they hardly ever speak when they're performing on TV or even when in concert. Mystery solved.
Strange though how Thomas Mars has such a heavy accent, but when singing he doesn't sound typically French, I mean, he doesn't have that French accent. He doesn't sound like a native American or Brit either. But you wouldn't expect him to speak with such a heavy accent. I'm rather surprised.



Via Stereogum

Why do people keep staring at me when I walk down the street?! Can't I just look the way I want to look without people paying extra attention to me? I keep hearing the whoa!'s and the 'did you see that??!' Too much pressure

No comments: