Friday 5 June 2009

%*EXHAUSTED AFTER A VERY LONG DAY_&

So I decided to have a look at the play the students put together who have been at the school I want to attend even though I'm not yet sure if the school will accept me. I'll find out about that on Monday, but I'm really not sure. This is what I hate. Now that I went and was allowed to go through to the second round I want it more than anything. It's like someone is waving a bate in front of my eyes but without handing it over to me. They have something I want and might not be able to get. And it's frustrating and it kills. But during that singing course of today, how much I wanted to crawl into a corner and cry like a little puppy. It was as if all hope was washed away in one instant. It's like I was so close, I could have gotten it, but I had to screw up for some reason. I was singing way to high and wasn't able to correct myself, I didn't know how to. I sang all the false notes (!). :D It was actually a bit embarrassing. But all of this didn't hold me from watching the play these students had put together and wow, it was really good. Very energetic, very well played. It's fun to see some of these kids I had seen that day before but who seemed just like any other person and then at night they turn into these great great actors. Brilliant. I think it's a good thing I saw it after the audition else I would have wanted all this even more and the audition would have become way more frustrating than it already was. It has been such a long day, I'm exhausted, stressed, happy and sad at the same time, annoyed, frustrated, dissapointed and yet I still feel I can take on the entire world and nothing can put me down.

June 9th, finally after a very long wait the Facehunter show will be back. Here's a preview:

A romantic conversation with Peaches from The Facehunter Show on Vimeo.



And yes last night I saw Phoenix in Club Trouw which is an amazing venue. Had never been there before but it's so beautiful even the toilets look real cool. :) Overall the building has a real industrial feel to it. I love the high ceiling and the narrow space which is so long it almost feels like a tunnel. Only thing that made me feel rather uncomfortable for some reason was the stage. Normally I'm used to a really high stage, but this one is low. So you really have this complete different point of view. I don't know, it made me feel nude in a way. Like I was more separated from everyone else than normally. I didn't feel the people around me. It could be that the people around me and especially behind me didn't stand that close to me which is why I felt that way. I guess I prefer feeling the crowd breathing in my neck, being surrounded by all these people with their arms stretched up. 'Cause I have to say I hoped from the very first song people would go crazy, but they didn't really. At least not where I was standing. I felt it could have been because the crowd seemed to consist of more mature people. I feel Phoenix is a band that doesn't have these die-hard groupie fans. Young girls who go totally crazy and scream at every concert. A good example of this were the many times Thomas Mars, Phoenix lead singer, was hanging over the crowd. Normally people would have screamed Aaaah and put their hands up hoping to touch the guy. But here not at all and I can tell 'cause I was standing completely at the fron with Mr. Mars right in front of me. They were very respectful in that sense. Anyway, the band played extremely well. They were so good live. They played songs from the new album and some of their classics including If I Ever Feel Better. They didn't play Fences though, a song from the new album I really like, but then again I like every song on there. But I have a feeling Mr. Mars decided to mix things up and skip Fences to replace it with If I Ever Feel Better instead. Because when they came back on stage to do two more songs after they went off and the people started to applaud and scream, Mars walked to the other guys and told them something. And when they started to play If I Ever Feel Better and the crowd responded with great enthusiasm it seemed Mars was like, I told you so, as if he knew the crowd would appreciate it so much when they would play that song and it would be another highlight of the night. So I had a really cool night out and discovered this great new venue where you can also eat. There's this restaurant next to the concert area. I would love to see them again, but please next time start on time. It's not that bad when you plan on playing at 21.30 but start a little after 22.00, but take in consideration that the people who come to see you are already at the venue at least around 21.00. So it definitely felt like a long wait. More so than usually.

Compilation video of last night. Not filmed by me ;)

No comments: