Monday 29 June 2009

%@MANOS AL AIRE+}

My love for Nelly Furtado has always been huge and still is even though I don't listen to her as much as I used to. She got a new single out and here's a clip of her in the studio. It's a promo and she speaks in Spanish. Her new album is entirely in Spanish as well. Her next English album will probably come out somewhere in 2010. For the Spanish album she has worked with a lot of talented people including Julieta Venegas who has mentioned she worked on two songs from the album. Nelstar recently shot the video for Manos Al Aire which involves jeeps and army prints. :)
Manos Al Aire is out tomorrow or today, I'm not sure. But I already heard it and it's very Folklorish and less Loose. I love the music on this track. The instrumental must be amazing. I have to say I do prefer Nelly singing in English and at times the Spanish feels a bit forced. Anyway it's a cool song. Good chance you'll be hearing it often on the radio this summer together with Shakira's new track which comes with wolf sounds and lots of heavy breathing. It will probably be a smash hit. Some parts remind me of her Dónde Están Los Ladrones? days and those days prior to it. In contrast to Nelly she's doing both an English as well as a Spanish version.

No comments: