Tuesday 9 June 2009

*%IT'S DAN DEACON MANNNN!!!!!()

BEST GIG EVER?! Nah, I don't know about that, but it sure was a lot of fun. A LOT. The wildest thing. This man is a genius. When he appeared I just couldn't help but smile. The glasses, he already looked like he was sweaty, his nice big round belly. When you would see him walk down the street you would never assume he's an artist. What a great guy. We played games, danced, yelled like crazy motherf*ckers. Everyone was jumping like me going crazy. A Dan deacon gig, one more reason to live for. YUM yum yum This is what I look for in a great night out. Gone all those people who just stand looking, unmoving. Tonight the place was filled with people like me. I'm not of a dying breed. We were all shaking our heads, jumping sky high, me often with my eyes closed, completely into it. What an experience. Can't compare it to anything. There was a dancing game, we had to touch the head of the person standing in front of us, sit on the ground, move to the middle of the floor. Silly things like that, while Mr. Deacon played his tunes for us. The craziest thing was when we had to form a line where people had to hold hands. Eventually I was standing outside Paradiso holding the hands of this guy I'd never met before while people walked right under our arms and started to hold hands behind us. It was mad fun. I saw a lot of people taking pictures making videos so I hope they appear online somewhere soon so I can upload them here. What a night. The best way to forget about this shitty audition even though it turns out I'm on the waiting list. But does that really make any difference?? I'd say no. As if someone would all of a sudden say like, nope, I can't make it afterall. Anyway. If Mr. Deacon ever arrives in your town to play a gig. Just go. Don't think about it. Just go. Guaranteed fun.

No comments: