Thursday 1 April 2010

,*STILL GOT THE TASTE DANCING ON MY TONGUE@+


Wow, was that properly amazing, or what?! What an excellent gig. These guys played as if they were veterans, such good live sound. This might have been the second best gig I've seen so far this year. I watched some YouTube videos before I went so I kind of knew what to expect, but than to actually witness it myself. Surprisingly I was more enthralled by Tom singing than Hayden (yes, these guys share vocal duties which I had no idea of until a friend of mine who saw them live in Lille told me about it) Yesterday I watched them do acoustic versions of some songs on YouTube and after hearing Hayden sing I was like, I think I'm in love!! :))) But last night it was Tom who really got to me. I almost couldn't wipe that grin off my face, listening to him filled me with incredible joy :D It was one of those gigs where everything just fell into place. I saw one guy somewhere on the left totally in it eyes closed shaking his head while next to me there was this one tall curly guy who swayed his head from side to side and enjoyed it as much as I did. Live their songs work even better, so energetic and vibrant, their songs have such a strong beat you can't help but move. I loved the drummer and how they extended some of my favourite parts of some of the songs. Apart from playing songs of their last album Two Dancers they also played Brave Bulging Buoyant Clairvoyants from Limbo, Panto their debut, which is such a nice fun little ditty that made me so happy when they played it. A very good song to dance to. Yesterday I mentioned that I would probably die when they would play This Is Our Lot 'cause that one has a killer opener, but instead it was We Still Got The Taste Dancing On Our Tongues that nearly killed me. The recording of that song almost fells flat compared to the live version which takes the song to a whole new level! I'd really love to see these guys again so fingers crossed they'll make an appearance at Lowlands this summer! :P

Because the lighting wasn't that good and I wasn't standing at the best place to take pictures (the keys were placed right in front of me) I only have two to share (the first one you find at the top of this post). But they look pretty good so I guess that kind of makes up for it. I'll also post some from The Drums gig, 'cause remember how I went and thought I had only taken shitty pictures? Well, after turning them from colour to black and white and adding a little bit more light to them some of them look alright. For more you should visit my concert Flickrrrrrr

Wild Beasts



The Drums (February 26th, 2010)




Yesterday was the last day of March which means we're now in April which can only mean one thing...

FOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

April 14th April 14th April 14th!!!!!!!!!!!

You can sweep me off the floor and burry me right after :D

No comments: