Thursday 7 May 2009

@(UNBELIEVABLE}|

I feel their songs have been stuck in my head all night through. It was so unbelievably good. So much energy. I just listenend to their song empty which really make you realize how good it is to see Metric live, 'cause they transformed the song into such a rock anthem. Everything was way louder than the original recording. Below you find a video of Dead Disco someone posted on YouTube just to give you a bit of an impression of last night. I'm seriously an instant fan. Perfect timing to see them live, 'cause this was at a moment I really got into their music for the very first time. Most of the time when I discover a band and I really get into them I'm already a bit late and they aren't performing anymore anytime soon. So when I finally get to see them as has been the case with Beirut, I've already had several period of obsession. And most of the time I still can get totally obsessed as much as the first time, but how great is it to be experiencing your first time of obsession and then seeing that band immediately live. I wish they would play again tonight. With some bands you feel you need to take some time before seeing them again else the gig you just saw loses momentum. But with Metric I could go tonight again and enjoy it as much as I did last night. What a gig.

Dead Disco



I've taken down some videos because they were not from Melkweg but from a gig in Cologne :((

Empty 'Shake your head it's empty!!!'



Handshakes 'Buy this car to drive to work, drive to work to pay for this car!!!'

No comments: