Saturday 23 May 2009

^$A PUNCHUP AT A WEDDING{"

Well, not really, but when do I else get the chance to ever use this Radiohead song as a title?
It's early Saturday morning. I'm still tired from last night. Strange to see someone who used to be one of your classmates in secondary school get married. Even though the weather was great, it was really warm and very sunny, and the couple looked both beautiful and extremely happy, I don't think I would want to get married myself. Don't think I could handle being the center of attention like that and having all of the family in attendance. For me it would feel like they're kind of intruding into my love life. Bot who knows, my opinion might change and most likely will, 'cause that's what often happens! The night before I went to see Chairlift and even though Caroline the singer of the band sounded great live, I couldn't notice any false notes, it was flawless, almost couldn't believe this was live, that's how good she was singing, and together with the other bandmembers they were really into it giving it their all, the crowd was far from energetic. So unfortunately the gig itself was very boring. I felt like a lot of people didn't even know the band but just went to Paradiso for a night out with friends, having a drink a talk, and some live band providing background music. Apart from three people, no one was moving let alone dancing. But these three people were dancing so silly and out of tune that they could have better just not danced at all and just watched standing like everyone else did. So because of all this I was a bit dissapointed. It was like I was standing in a crowd of people who were watching a support act, 'cause during support acts people for some reason don't start dancing either. When they played their two most known songs Bruises and Evident Utensil the crowd became a bit more loose, but just a tiny bit. It was a shame though that they played Evident Utensil slightly different from the way the song sounds on the album, 'cause I felt it lost some energy the way they played it. But still Chairlift played really well and I really enjoy listening to their album. Down below you find some pictures which, as usual, aren't taken by me. This time however I kind of wished I had brought my bag upstairs with me 'cause I felt I could have enjoyed myself more with taking pictures than to stand in a crowd of people who seemed as if they could fall asleep any second.
I will do more of my laundry today and maybe I'll go and see Bowerbirds in Paradiso later tonight...



No comments: