Saturday 23 May 2009

|>I WANT TO SEE BRIGHT STAR}+

I'm getting really excited for this film, totally unexpected. It's just because it is said to be very good and features two young actors who are apparently giving great performances which always adds to this fantasy of mine of maybe one day being able to do all of that myself. Anyway, on one of our TV channels here they bring some news from Cannes every evening, so that's where I saw footage from this one scene. I made a screen capture. Just look at it. It's perfect. Just Abbie Cornish occupying the complete right part of the frame, the way she sits, our position looking up at her, almost spying, the flowers in the front, nearly blocking our sight, the blurriness of the edges of the image while Cornish is still partly in focus, the sound of the flowers getting crushed as she lets herself fall over, Ben Whishaw's voice speaking to her. It makes us feel even more close, as if we're about to intrude her if we don't act cautiosly. It makes for such a gentle, peaceful moment. I have the feeling the film is filled with shots like these. Little dialogue or sound, just the image taking center stage. Just us observing the characters. I want to see it badly!


The scene continues with Cornish looking up...


... while eventually letting herself fall over into the flowers. When I'll see this scene on the big screen I think I'll cry.

No comments: