Saturday 16 May 2009

%@21 GUNS_/

I haven't properly listened to the new Green Day album 21st Century Breakdown yet. I started from the beginning then around the middle felt ready to hear something else. Can't help it, their new album has a lot of songs on it. It's kind of like Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium. So you have to really make time for it when you want to go and listen to it in its entirety. So yesterday I played a bit of the end, and I started doing the same some minutes ago. So I can't say if there are any songs similar to 21 Guns on it, but I do have a strong feeling that if they'll ever release this song as a single, and I have a feeling they will, it will be pretty major. Like Wake Me Up When September Ends kind of major. A song, and especially video since it featured one of my favourite actresses Evan Rachel Wood, I happen to really like. Actually all of American Idiot I happened to really like, even though it seems that album was a more mainstream one since a lot of die-hard Green Day fans weren't too happy about their newly taken direction. At times it does kind of scare me when I'm like, someone like Avril Lavigne could have sung this. But during my first year at university I had that album on repeat. I remember having lectures at night and then listening to their album in the tram, train, bus, and while walking my way home. If I would have had an Ipod at that time and Last.fm could get it scrobbled it may have ended up being the most played album I've ever played. Really. Especially those long tracks they had like Jesus Of Suburbia and Homecoming. I never really checked out their earlier work. I really should. Like plenty of other albums/bands I need to check out. There's too much music in this world!
Anyway, 21 Guns, I'm telling you, it's gonna be big. Better get used to it. The song does sound a lot like Neil Young's Heart Of Gold, though. And I mean A LOT.
I added the song to the music player so it will start automatically playing when you scroll down too much.
By the way, it's raining. Again. :(

No comments: