Sunday 24 May 2009

"]LAUNDRY AFTERNOON NO. 3*(

Now that my parents are on a three week vacation I have to transport my laundry all by myself, which means I can only carry a small amount of clothes on my bike with the result that today is day 3 of spending an afternoon washing clothes at my parents' house. So basically I do something nice in the morning, dedicate the afternoon to washing my clothes, and then do something nice during the evening again. On Friday it was the wedding, both in the morning as well as the evening because there was a wedding party. Yesterday morning I went into town and then during the evening watched Touch Of Evil at home instead of going to see the Bowerbirds. I perhaps might have been in the mood to attend a gig, but I rather see another band perform than them and I already saw Bowerbirds live when they were supporting Bon Iver. This morning I went to Amsterdam to visit the cinema I go to almost every week, most of the time with both my parents or just one of them, depending whether they're in the mood yes/no. But this morning I came by myself. And as with the super friendly cashier who works at the supermarket downstairs where I live, today the woman who almost always sells the tickets acknowledged me and my parents' weekly presence by immediately saying 'for three, right?' when I was about to buy my ticket to see The Young Victoria, the new film by Jean-Marc Vallée, director of C.R.A.Z.Y. (I love that film). But I said, no, just for one. And then she told me that it might be time for me to buy a Cineville pass, which costs 17,50 per month and allows you to go to almost every cinema in Amsterdam, except the Pathé, for free. So you can see as many movies as you want. I really have to get one because I definitely pass the 17,50 mark. But it was nice to be addressed in a more casual way and also the guy who cuts the tickets approached me in a way that indicated he knows I'm visiting this cinema almost every week. But this cinema, it's called the Cinecenter, it's really my favourite cinema. Even if they play a movie in Amsterdam which also plays in Haarlem, the city where I live, I still frequently go and see it at the Cinecenter, as was the case with The Young Victoria, 'cause it's playing in my city as well. But I just like to go to Amsterdam on a Sunday morning and watch a movie. Today it's very warm though. Now I just have to wait until the washing machine is done, then I'll hang up my clothes to dry. Now I'll fold the clothes I washed yesterday which are hopefully dry by now. Let's have a look...

No comments: