Thursday 7 May 2009

%=A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!(}

Metric was WILD!! I went all Wolf Parade kind of crazy. I was full of sweat and my hair was a mess! Kind of unexpected. I guess I noticed before going that their songs were very good for banging your head and jumping, 'cause their songs have a good build up leading to a nice rock out climax. But I didn't expect this at all. So next time if they're here again I'll be at the gig at 8 pm when the doors open so I can stand at the front instead of behind two lame girls who just stand unmoving looking up at the stage as if they're waiting for the F^CKING bus to arrive. I'm sorry but I can not stand those people. There are things you can sit on and they're called seats and you find them upstairs at the balcony! Go there and join those who really come to WATCH the show, to look, and see it happen while sitting in silence. Leave the space downstairs for those like me who just want to go wild and dance to the music coming from the speakers. Emily Haines, wow, she's a goddess. Sometimes she kind of looks like Madonna. She has great on stage persona and those people who were standing next to me later on in the line to get their jackets need to just go and shit themselves or something telling each other how they're not really into people who go wild on the stage, thus having lots of energy and showing the crowd that they can have a good time and enjoy playing for all the people who came to see them. Next time read the memo, this is not a gig for you. Please STAY AWAY. But again, I was surprised. This was insane. It was so good. Their music is perfect. This gig comes second to Wolf Parade based on how crazy I go at a concert. Of course not everyone was as stiff as those two girls in front of me. I was surrounded by some other people who knew how to go wild on the music as well. So that was real nice and made me not feel bad for one single moment for not standing at the front row. 'Cause there you'll always find the diehards. Those people who go crazy like me. But oh they were good. The sound was perfect. Emily's voice sounds just as clear as on the CDs (read: downloaded mp3s). The rest of the band, Emily's three guys were great as well. One of the guys on guitar even sang a bit and has a really good voice. Songs like Stadium Love which is a nice track, but not one that seems to really standout was turned into one of the highlights. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I mean, Beirut yesterday was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G as well and I had waited to see them for quite a long time. But sometimes I just want to rock out and go to a gig were you can jump at almost every song and just dance to the beat and lose yourself in the crowd. So it was a nice balance. Metric, wow, such a revelation. When they play again I'll be the first to buy tickets. It's something I would not want to miss. Such a great night. I could do this every day :))

No comments: