Tuesday 12 January 2010

$^RECENT + OLD TAKEAWAY&*

It's one of those nights I'm checking out both recent and old Takeaway Show episodes again and I stumbled upon those by White Rabbits that I like. In particular this one of their song Percussion Gun, enjoy!

White Rabbits - Percussion Gun - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

White Rabbits will be supporting Spoon when I see them in february! :DD Lucky me!

!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt know there was one with Animal Collective!!!!!!!!!

That's the great thing. When at first you haven't listened to a band much you don't care when you see videos of the band performing acoustic versions of their songs. I might have seen their name listed among the previous Takeaway Show episodes but never paid attention, 'cause I didn't really love them back then. So after you actually start listening to them and fall in love with their music you have a lot of new things to disover!

Forgive me for the bad quality, it's the only video I could find :s

I always love Yeasayer, their songs ask for acoustic versions and Chris Keating's voice *swoon*, loooooove listening to him!
Before I only took notice of their 2080/Tightrope session and not so much the Red cave in the metro one. But some days ago I watched it again and I gained a bigger appreciation for it than I did the first time watching it.

This is from 2007 (!), I used to not know Tiny Vipers back then

Vic Chesnutt is no longer amongst us but these performances remain

I used to not know Liars either

I've seen this one before but forgot how great it is. Such a quality band

This is so lovely. Just recently I started to finally listen to Au Revoir Simone and to see this now is magical.
Imagine just walking past them on the street

I wanted to post some Okkervil River as well but I found out I still can't bear listening to them. Just hearing Will Sheff's voice brings back the memories and makes me want to weep :(

Oh my, I don't remember ever watching these! Just look at the flickering light at the beginning of the Start A War video! Not sure if I'm able to hold back the tears watching this one...


I feel so sad that the old couple doesn't stay! If only they knew what they'd miss! Sometimes I recommend videos to friends to watch but then end up not watching them myself. That has been the case with this one apparently. I love this song, my favourite of Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust

Jónsi looks so much like actor Daniel Brühl, no?

Sigur Ros - Við spilum endalaust - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

Brushing my teeth, then listening to The National on headphones and then hop into bed. Tomorrow Avatar


I hate that I love you

No comments: