Wednesday 13 January 2010

^(FINALLY SAW AVATAR*&

I finally saw Avatar today (!) and really enjoyed it! If you would have told me this some months ago I would not be sure whether I would have believed you 'cause for a moment I thought I really wasn't going to like this film and watching it would make me feel as if watching a video game. But over the weeks I started to have this itch, I got excited again. And even though I knew a lot of critics liked the film but said the plot was very basic, I kept my excitement. And now that I've seen it I can say that, yes the story is nothing spectacular and can be summed up quiet easily, but that didn't bother me at all. The film definitely knows how to cover that up. The visuals are really nice and the Na'avi move very smoothly, though I didn't feel I was watching something completely new. I know that what Avatar shows is pretty spectacular and groundbreaking in terms of special-effects, but I just didn't feel the aweness I would expect. I overheard some girls talking afterwards who were truly amazed by the beauty of it all, but to me it just looked cool, nothing more. But I definitely enjoyed it. There's only one character I didn't like and that's Colonel Quaritch who appears to be a very angry man without any reason. I also felt uncomfortable with the use of the word 'bitch' several times. I mean, I'm not a prude, but it just felt out of place in a film which had no other curse words. If they continually said fuck and shit and whatever kind of swearing it would have been a different case. And why does Neytiri's ear lobe has this big whole in it like people that wear plugs or tunnels?

Shot by Elisabeth Toll

No comments: