Tuesday 1 September 2009

%@SAW BASTERDS AND IT'S GOOD_+

Inglourious Basterds is so much fun! Go see it. The dialogue is great and Christolph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa is really as good as everyone says he is so I'd say they did a great thing by giving him the prize for best actor in Cannes. Charlotte Gainsbourg's choice for best actress for Antichrist not so much. She was good, but I didn't feel her performance was that great. Perhaps they let her win because she does things not every actress would dare to do or maybe there just wasnt a better female performance to choose from.
Tarantino in my opinion always delivers. When you go see one of his movies you know what to expect. I always like how he builds up a scene. He really takes the time to let it develop towards a satisfying climax like one scene at a bar in which Diane Kruger's character is introduced for the first time. Having seen the trailer I expected Brad Pitt to be really annoying because of his accent, but I loved his character. The film is filled with stereotypes, some which will make you laugh real hard. Overall it's very witty and clever. One of the most enjoyable films I've seen so far this year.

Shot by David Magnusson




Via COÛTE QUE COÛTE

No comments: