Thursday 10 September 2009

>+NO INTERNET AT HOME>*

I don't have internet at my place right now 'cause apparently, yes APPARENTLY, 'cause he didn't even bother to tell me, my neighbour has moved out already! I knew he was leaving in September but not when exactly. But he manages my internet connection and now that it's not working anymore, plus his toothbrush and all of his other stuff are gone, I can only assume that he has offically left.
So I'm at my parents' place, typing awayyyyyyyyy :)

Nelly Furtado's Mi Plan has leaked which has brought me into a very pop music kind of mood with the result that I'm downloading Lily Allen's last album right this moment. I never really listened to her first one but I did enjoy the singles Smile as well as LDN. And lately her songs have been making their way into my ears each time I turn on my parents' TV and arrive at such TV channels like MTV and the Dutch music channel TMF. There's just no denying that she writes cool songs with good fun lyrics and I just love her accent and the way she sings. So I'm going to have a good listen to her in the upcoming days.

I've been watching movies including 12 Angry Men and Romulus, My Father. 12 Angry Men was good but not that great that I would say it's one of the best films, if not, the best film ever made. A lot of people on Imdb seem to find it the best film ever, but I have to disagree. Not that it isn't good, but the best film ever, no way. NOOOOO WAY. Romulus is a very nice drama with great performances by Eric Bana and the young Kodi Smit-McPhee, who's pretty stellar for his age.

I've been reading as well. Yes. :) After finally finishing Balzac's Le Père Goriot (Father Goriot) some weeks ago I started reading Aravind Adiga's The White Tiger and I'm loving it. That's one huge advantage of my internet not working at home, 'cause I've been reading in the morning both yesterday and today. Much better to start the day with than surfing around on the net and finding myself going from one site to the next, which is what I'm doing right now :D It's such a fun book. I have a feeling the story will take a really dark turn. I'm already excited to continue reading!

I had not taken any pictures for quite a while even though I went on a lot of day trips with my mum last week. But just the other day when I was in Den Haag I happened to take this one. It was a very bright day and the sunlight was hitting the buildings in such a nice way. It looks a bit futuristic. I like it a lot.

No comments: