Sunday 27 June 2010

_?THE TREES GREW EMOTIONS AND DIED*^

When I saw A Single Man one thing that struck me was the amazing score that accompanied it and having seen many of Wong Kar-Wai's films I recognized some tracks were done by composer Shigeru Umebayashi who is a frequent Wong Kar-Wai collaborator. Most of the score consists of music composed by Abel Korzeniowski and at times feels similar to the atmosphere and tone of the score composed by Clint Mansell for Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. I added the soundtrack to my playlist but only yesterday started to listen to it just in time 'cause summer has officially begun bringing in the hot hot weather and what better way to enjoy it with this incredible soundtrack to accompany me on bike rides and my weekly minutes spend in trains!

This song is of the killing kind, so incredibly beautiful and powerful. In my mind I can imagine a million film scenes for which this piece of music would be perfect!



Here's the track as it appears in the film. If you haven't seen the film yet I suggest you go and watch it first. It's sublime one of the best films released last year. My response to it was similar to that of Xavier Dolan's J'ai Tué Ma Mère



There's also this band called Cold Cave that got me a little bit obsessed



The other day I was bored to death and decided to play around with my webcam


Sad face :P




A lock of hair covering half of my face. It kind of has become my trademark over the years, I keep doing it




There's always some acting silly involved



Getting my Xavier Dolan on :P





When I take webcam pictures I end up looking just the way when I look at myself in the mirror, but when I take pictures of myself with my camera I always end up looking less pretty :((( Except when I take pictures of myself being reflected in the mirror. So either my camera or the mirror lies...

I've been spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time on the internet collecting images from all these different kind of Tumblrs most of which start with 'fuck yeah'
Here are some picked by me to put you in a summer mood, a dark themed one of course! :P

OVERLOAD































Fashion week has moved from Milan to Paris and Yves Saint Laurent has been doing rather well






Via COÛTE QUE COÛTE

Here's a recording of the show


Via ErichBen

That's all for today ;)

1 comment: