Monday 1 March 2010

^.NOW AT FOAM/`

So I went to FOAM where they had a really cool exposition with work by Ari Marcopoulos. Think Larry Clark, Gus Van Sant, Harmony Korine. I love photographers who have a fascination for youth culture like skaters or punks. If you happen to be around I'd recommend you to check it out. There's a really cool video right when you walk in where they skate at a very high speed through the streets while being filmed on cam. It's very dangerous as there are cars coming towards them on one side of the street but they manage not getting involved in any accidents. At the next level of the building there's an Alexander Rodchenko exposition as well of whom I liked his photomontages and pictures he took from very unusual angles the most. A lot of good stuff. Here some examples of what I've seen

By Ari Marcopoulos




By Alexander Rodchenko




I've decided to check out The Soft Pack tomorrow evening, bought my ticket today. Have been listening to their album a lot today and have come to like it more than I thought I did.

Images via FOAM

Mr. Marcopoulos has a blog you can visit here

No comments: