Thursday 15 October 2009

!:FINALLY, BRIGHT STAR"}

Tonight I'll finally be able to watch Jane Campion's Bright Star at the cinema!! I've been waiting a long time for this ever since I watched a wonderful clip of Abbie Cornish falling into this field of grass and purple flowers. It went like this:

We watch Cornish from behind the flowers, her side turned towards us...


...she then looks up briefly at the sky...


...while eventually letting herself fall into the flowers. I'd call this a perfect Kodak moment, even though I use Canon ;)


Ever since that clip I've been avoiding the trailer, looking away, only my ears being able to hear the lovely music and some lines of dialogue near the end :) This will be one of those movies I just want to take pictures of while it plays. I expect a lot of dreamy shots, a bit like Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette. Just the thought of it already makes me melt and it's freezing outside. Plus I have heard it's a very slow film which in my opinion will only make it better. Gives me time to dwell and ponder :))

For some reason my ears have been craving for Animal Collective these last couple of days with the result that my Ipod has these kids on repeat!!!! Because I happen to listen to music A LOT I'm able to obsess over a new discovery like Dead Man's Bones while in the meantime still enjoying re-listens of Kings Of Convenience's Riot On An Empty Street and now getting addicted to Animal Collective. It's my first ever Animal Collective obsession, don't know what took me so long! I've always liked them because their music is like this big soundscape with so many sounds fighting to get my attention. And even though most people will probably call their latest Merriweather Post Pavilion a summer album, I've noticed I'm much more in the mood for it right now that it starts to get dark and very cold again. I just seem to connect to it way more. Apart from Merriweather I've been listening to Strawberry Jam a lot too which is the first AC album I listened to. Here's their video for Summertime Clothes:

No comments: