Friday 30 October 2009

#*THE ADVANTAGE OF NO INTERNET_+

I don't have internet at my home at the moment so I'm at my parents' place. Not that I'm complaining, because there are many advantages of not having internet. Whereas normally I would have spent the evening surfing the net while listening to music I ended up drawing and painting and this morning I was reading Paulo Coelho's Veronika Decides To Die instead of visiting websites I visit on a daily basis to see if there are any updates. And as a result I have now finished reading Veronika (!) after having lost some interest in the book because I happened to not take the time to read it. But this morning when I was reading it while lying in bed I refound an interest in the story and characters and I really enjoyed the ending even though it didn't come as a surprise to me. Also, last night I went to the first lesson of the photography workshop I started taking. We're 7 in total, two very pretty girls, one 24, the other 26 and four elderly women! :) Our teacher is very kind and he will try to help us so that by the end of the workshop we will all be able to take pictures the exact way we imagined them in our heads. He'll help us get control over our cameras so it will obey to our wishes! Overall this week has been really fun and I feel like I've met so many new people. Just the other night I went to see a movie at the Leids film festival and ended up talking to this guy afterwards for like an hour until he went to see Lars Von Trier's Antichrist. I finally have the feeling of having a life of my own again which is something I had not really felt in quite a long time. Next week I'll be going to a concert on Wednesday, I'll have my second photography workshop, plus this guy from Germany will surf my couch for one night, him being my second couchsurfer so far! And of course there's always school tomorrow :DD

Oh, and I love love LOVE this picture:


Not sure who shot it, but the model is Daul Kim and she's cool ;)

'Learn that people photography is about people, not about photography. Great portraits are a side effect of a strong human connection.' - Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai

No comments: