Thursday 13 August 2009

>`WELLINGTON+\

I've been drooling over these boots over the last 30 minutes. They're nothing special, but I want them. I want them so BAAAAAAAAAAD. Only problem is they come in a size 43 and I have a size 42. They don't have them in a size 42 anymore, at least not in the TOPMAN online shop. 'Cause yeah, they're from TOPMAN. And don't you dare buying them yourself if you ever read this post (!) I'll burn your house down!! Unless you decide to buy them as a present for me of course. Then just go ahead, I won't bite :) I don't think there will be a big difference between a size 42 and 43 and I guess I'm going to wear them anyway even if they are a bit too big for my feet. I'll find a way to make them fit! But still I don't like that feeling of having to take a risk, not when it concerns money.

Look...



Plus I have this case of I don't want to lose my money. That problem that once you have 5 million euros you'll start being afraid moving under that 5 million mark. Even though 1 million is still A LOT. But 1 million is not the same as 5 million. I don't have millions, but for a student I have a lot of money. Money that isn't even mine which makes it even worse for me to spend. In a way it is mine, but I didn't earn it myself. When I buy these boots I would probably not spend more than 50 euros. I can easily miss 50 euros. But it will hurt just a bit. I need someone to tell me it's okay to buy them so I won't feel guilty. And it's not like I buy clothing from online stores every week, but it does feel like the last time I bought something from an online store hasn't been that long ago.

The xx's album XX is very good by the way. It's so different, so fresh sounding. Very calming. My favourite song so far is Islands.
Here's the video for their song Basic Space.



I don't care they're the latest buzz band and everyone will start obsessing over them in the upcoming months. I'll gladly jump on the bandwagon. They're just good and still so young. They make me envious. Where were my bandmembers when I was that age?! :((((

Finally the last three collections from Paris Fashion week which already happened weeks ago. The industry might have already moved on.
Dior Homme, Lanvin and Paul Smith showed some of the best collections.

Lanvin - Loved by many, the first looks left me unimpressed but it definitely got better near the end. Their combinations are good. Their coloured stuff is great. I'm liking the stripes. In the end it didn't dissapoint.

The whitish blonde hair of the model makes it even better



I love the brown



Fun glasses, reminds me of the film Léon




I would wear it :)



Just how I like it






I like this



Nice coat





Cool shirt





Nice blue











Paul Smith - Like it better than Lanvin I have to say. Good suits. Fit the models well. Nice and solid collection. Love the blue. Could have been too much, but it's subtle. Shiny fabrics are great. I need to have something shiny myself :) One of the best collections.

Nice in combination with the glasses the model wears



Head to toe perfect. Look at those shoes. Everything fits together so well



Cooool Fits well with the cloudy background too



Simple yet very striking



Nice





Nice shiny pants











Unexpected red








Nice shirt



The green bag is a nice and subtle touch. It makes all the difference








Dior Homme - The weakest out of the three, but still really good though. Lots of black. You can't go wrong with black and you shouldn't. Some clothes are a bit too wide and drapery like for my taste. Some looks I've seen before and there isn't too much added that's unique and sets this collection apart from others. Love how some of the shoes have zippers on the back. That's really nice. Good detail.

Love the white soles of the shoes








Im liking the shirt



Oooooooooooo








Nice shirt



Simple but such a good and perfect fit








Pictures from WWD.com

No comments: