Friday 14 August 2009

.-MERYL THE DEVIL{]

I'm about to take a shower. It's already 3.30 pm but that's how life goes when you're still having summer vacation. Apparently most kids will head back to school at the start of next week. Had no idea. To me it still kind of feels summer has just begun :D I still need to shower, but it's not like I've just woken up. Nope. I watched The Devil Wears Prada. Yes. And I admit. I liked it. It's probably one of the best when it comes to romantic comedies made for a potentially female audience. The acting is really great. Of course Meryl Streep, the reason I decided to watch it, is outstanding. I had seen several clips of her pass by during awards season where they show clips when they show who's nominated for an Academy Award for example. But you really have to watch the entire performance to understand how layered it is and how great. I have no idea how this woman keeps doing it. Her timing is perfect. There's a scene at the end where she's driving away in a cab. She smiles first 'cause she just watched her former assistant waving at her, but then right after her face becomes icy cold again and she starts snapping at the driver 'cause he's taking so long to drive off. I must say I really enjoyed Anne Hathaway as well. Plus Emily Blunt is really funny and Stanley Tucci is a great friend and support to Hathaway's character. When the opening sequence started I thought I was in for a very dull and girly movie filled with fluff. But I ended up enjoying it lots. There's some real growth in there and I really liked Hathaway's character. The girl's very charming. Also last night, or actually early this morning, 'cause the movie ended around 3 am :) I watched Les Amants Réguliers which features Louis Garrel who I just love. He has this coolness that noone else seems to have and he doesn't have to do anything for it. Just when you see him you know the guy is cool. He seems so laid back and his this really I don't care attitude. I can imagine every guy envying him and wanting to have some of his qualities. It's not fair how he makes looking cool and mysterious seem so effortless.

No comments: