Friday 26 December 2008

_%RELEASED AND SEEN IN 2008"+

Soon I'll also be making a best of 2008 film list. As you can see it seems as if I haven't seen that many films in 2008. But I have based this list below on Imdb and the year of release which is stated on their site. So a film like Boy A was really amazing and was released here in The Netherlands not too long ago. However, its official release date was in 2007 already. So this complicates everything a bit. A lot of foreign films like for instance Le Fils De L'épicier are released here a bit later than in their own country. So that's one from 2007 even though it found a release date in cinemas here somewhere in July. I could have said, lets just add that one too 2008 as well. But then I have to base everything on the Dutch release date. And then a film like Towelhead has to wait until next year as it will be released here officially next month, so Januray 2009. But I already saw it in October! And a film like In Search Of A Midnight Kiss hasn't even been released here yet officially. But Imdb lists both of them as having been released in 2007. So I will therefore see them as films of 2007. I could also just base my list on films I saw at the cinema this year, but then that would include a film like The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford as well which I saw January the 11th, but which was already playing in the cinema some time earlier, but I just didn't see it before. Plus, at that time I was living in the UK. So not to complicate things, here is my list of films I saw that were released in 2008 according to Imdb. It includes documentaries as well! Soon a best of list will follow with acting categories etc.!:


Il Y A Longtemps Que Je T'Aime
Iron Man
Wall-E
Caos Calmo
The Dark Knight
Elegy
Lake Tahoe
Body Of Lies
Quantum Of Solace
Hunger
7915 KM
Project Kashmir
Pray The Devil Back To Hell
Afghan Star
Entre Les Murs
RiP - A Remix Manifesto
Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father
Burn After Reading
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Hope to see these before the end of the year:

Changeling
Un Conte De Noël

No comments: