Wednesday 17 December 2008

+Î LISTENED TO ALL OF THIS?!

Yep. I did. All of the albums you see below are the ones that were released in 2008 and that I listened to in full! From Sigur Rós and Kyte to Kanye West,Santogold and even Scarlett Johansson. From MGMT and Crystal Castles to Coldplay, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and the lesser known Beach House. All of them released albums this year. Of some I had even forgotten theirs was released in 2008 and not before 'cause it seems I've been listening to those for forever! Lots of debut albums as well. There were over-hyped bands such as Vampire Weekend, probably the most over-hyped one out there, with MGMT coming shortly after. Only time will tell what will be left of those two new bands. Will they please their fans with another great record or will they fail in the way as The Killers have. Not that The Killers have failed, at least I don't think so. But Day & Age is no Hot Fuss. But does it have to be? I'd day no, but lots of people think otherwise. Lots of albums I only listened to lately after having lost all my music. Yes, all these albums were in my playlist with lots more even. More than 5200 songs went up into smoke! :(

But yeah, after having listened to so many records during this year only (I can't hardly believe it myself!) I think I'm more than allowed to present my own top 10 or top 50 or whatever best of/favourite album list. It will be hard to say which ones were the best. Though I know which is my number one record of 2008. I've known which one that is for a very long time already. But to say which album was the best is tough. So that's why my list will be a best of/favourite list of 2008. 'Cause I might really like Ra Ra Riot's album, but does that mean it was one of the best? And there might be a really great album out there like for instance Dear Science by TV On The Radio, but did it end up up as being one of my favourites? Perhaps this is due to not having played some of the albums enough. Most albums take some time to grow on me before I can really appreciate them. Anyway, soon I'll present my best of/favourite albums of 2008 list. I just started to listen to Foals today. Like their album Antidotes a lot and that after one listen. I will also start listening to Portishead's Third and The Raconteurs second album before the year ends.
I can say though that 2008 was a great year in music and there are still some records I haven't even heard yet. Who knows, this list might even get longer.
Well, here it is, my list of all the albums I listened to in 2008 that were released in 2008! (soon there will be a best of/favourites list!):

Foals – Antidotes
Women – Women
Air Traffic - Fractured Life
Santogold – Santogold
Death Cab For Cutie – Narrow Stairs
Coldplay – Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
Radiohead – In Rainbows
Beck – Modern Guilt
British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music?
Throw Me The Statue – Moonbeams
Born Ruffians - Red, Yellow and Blue
Crystal Castles – Crystal Castles
She & Him – Volume One
The Teenagers – Reality Check
The Dodos – Visiter
Kyte - Kyte
Bowerbirds – Hymns For A Dark Horse
Sun Kill Moon – April
Man Man – Rabbit Habits
Cloud Cult – Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes)
The Kooks – Konk
M83 - Saturdays = Youth
James Morrison – Songs For You, Truths For Me
Yoav – Charmed & Strange
MGMT – Oracular Spectacular
Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend
TV On The Radio – Dear Science
Sigur Rós - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
The Morning Benders – Talking Through Tin Cans
The Last Shadow Puppets – The Age of the Understatement
Scarlett Johansson – Anywhere I Lay My Head
Bonnie “Prince” Billy – Lie Down in the Light
The Cool Kids – Bake Sale
Hercules & Love Affair - Hercules & Love Affair
Albert Hammond Jr. - ¿Como te Llama?
Ratatat – LP3
The Academy Is – Fast Times At Barrington High
One Night Only - Started A Fire
Black Kids – Partie Traumatic
Ra Ra Riot – The Rhumb Line
Noah and the Whale – Peaceful, the World Lays Me Down
Mogwai - The Hawk Is Howling
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Lykke Li – Youth Novels
Lambchop – OH (Ohio)
Of Montreal – Skeletal Lamping
Bloc Party – Intimacy
Megapuss – Surfing
Wolf Parade – At Mount Zoomer
Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
The Killers – Day & Age
Kanye West – 808s & Heartbreak
Robyn - Robyn
Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head – Glistening Pleasure
Friendly Fires – Friendly Fires
The Mae Shi - HLLLYH
Little Joy – Little Joy
Dido – Safe Trip Home
The Dø – A Mouthful
Cansei De Ser Sexy – Donkey
Conor Oberst – Conor Oberst
The Walkmen – You & Me
Brendan Canning – Something For All Of Us
Shearwater – Rook
Deerhunter – Microcastle
Cut Copy – In Ghost Colours
Dr. Dog – Fate
The Black Keys – Attack And Release
Lightspeed Champion - Falling Off The Lavender Bridge
Cold War Kids – Loyalty To Loyalty
Cat Power – Jukebox
Tokyo Police Club – Elephant Shell
Islands – Arm’s Way
Silver Jews – Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea
Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
Keane – Perfect Symmetry
No Age – Nouns
Frightened Rabbit – The Midnight Organ Fight
We Are Scientists – Brain Thrust Mastery
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds – Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!
Destroyer – Trouble In Dreams
Beach House – Devotion
SiA – Some People Have Real Problems

Plus soon:
The Raconteurs – Consolers Of The Lonely
Portishead - Third
Blitzen Trapper – Furr
Margot & The Nuclear So And So's - Not Animal
The Pigeon Detectives - Emergency
Glasvegas - Glasvegas
The Apples In Stereo - Electronic Projects For Musicicans
Tindersticks - The Hungry Saw
Gang Gang Dance - Saint Dymphna
Late Of The Pier - Fantasy Black Channel
Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing

No comments: