Sunday 28 December 2008

_"CAM ARCHER%^

I heard about him because his film Wild Tigers I Have Known received some buzz when played at festivals and in the latest issue of Interview Magazine there's a small portrait on him as he is about to finish his second feature film. It's kind of stupid but what interests me the most or what has attracted me towards him is actually his name. It's just real cool. Cam Archer. Sounds good. But also the title of his first feature film Wild Tigers I Have Known I just really love. It just one of those titles which makes you wonder because in a way they don't make any sense. I guess, not until you've seen the movie. So that's a really good title 'cause it makes you want to see the film and figure out why it's called this way. Also, Gus Van Sant is one of the executive producers of the film. So yeah, more reason to start loving Mr. Archer. But of course his work is most important. I haven't seen Wild Tigers I Have Known though. I did get so far as once watching the trailer, though I don't really remember it. Only thing that stuck by me was that the film's cinematography seemed pretty awesome. And I also saw this video directed by Mr. Archer by songstress Emily Jane White who wrote a song for the film which has the same title. Now I just Googled the guy and ended up on his website. Of course he also takes pictures. He also did some music videos. The one I want to share is the video for Six Organs of Admittance's song Goodnight. Aaron Platt who works a lot with Mr. Archer it seems is the director of photography. So I guess the pretty images are Mr. Platt's doing. Or at least of them both as I assume as a director you would interfere in all decision makings.

No comments: