Monday 13 October 2008

*#SLOWLY FALLING FOR DEATH CAB + MR. SMITH)(

I never really liked Deatch Cab For Cutie, at least, not until somewhere this past week. I just decided to play their album Transatlanticism again and all of a sudden I was like, hey I liked this song before. I guess I never paid too much attention. I just clicked on one of their videos on Last.fm just randomnly. So I guess I finally got to the point of really falling for them. Maybe I just didn't want to like them, because they're one of those bands that everybody seems to like, even the ones who normally don't really listen to this type of music, and I always found their name to sound a bit cheesy. Still I always was a bit surprised I never seemed really into their music, 'cause I do like The Postal Service which is a side project of Death Cab's lead singer and I definitely enjoy listening to his voice. But Transatlanticism, listen to that one, it's good. I don't know whether it's their best one or they have other records out that are even better, but I think it's a good one to start with.



Same can be said about Elliott Smith. I never understood what people found so amazing about his guy, but last week after seeing Paranoid Park again I went to search for his song Angeles, 'cause I did happen to like that one when I first saw the film at the Gulbenkian (good old times :)) and thus decided to look for it again. I accidentally then happened to download the wrong album that doesn't have that song on it, which is called XO. I did find the song eventually and I decided to keep that one album and started listening to it and I've played it a lot ever since. I like him now and I finally understand why everyone else before me already did.

P.S.: I just found out that one of the Death Cab For Cutie songs I really like isn't on the Transatlanticism album, but one one called We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes. The song is called For What Reason.

No comments: