Sunday 19 October 2008

+#WHO IS HEDI SLIMANE?"]

I didn't really know Mr. Slimane and still don't really, but I do know the photos he makes are great. Going through sites featuring lots of pictures from fashion photoshoots, his name was often mentioned making that I felt it necessary to find out a little bit more about this Hedi Slimane of whom I first thought was a woman! :) Turns out he's born in Paris to Brazilian parents and I believe apart from a photographer he's also a fashion designer of some sorts (I should check Wikipedia again to be really sure about all this). But one way or another I ended up on his official site where he posts a lot of images in this diary section, as well as images from some of his exhibitions. I must say I got excited mostly because he apparently shot some pictures of Mr. Van sant during the time of the production of his upcoming film with Sean Penn called Milk, which can be found on Slimane's site. Well, here are some of the great black and white images shot by Mr. Slimane. He's great in capturing youth.

P.S.: Smoking is bad, but it looks oh so cool. Hunger has a scene filled with smoke as well. Especially in cinema they make it look so beautiful. I love the smoke slowly making its way up, circling and eventually disappearing into air.












No comments: