Monday 13 October 2008

^@PLEASANTLY SURPRISED">

There's this Dutch TV show called De Wereld Draait Door (The World Keeps On Turning) which is about all things newsworthy, like stuff going on in politics, media etc, etc. And last night my parents and I saw something funny on TV so my mum send them an e-mail hoping that they will check it out and show it. They always show clips from TV programs which viewers might have seen and which were funny and then they show them. So because my mum send them an e-mail I thought lets check out the website to see who's going to be on the show tonight. One of the name's was Sabrina Starke, a singer/songwriter who I wasn't familiar with, not until some minutes ago. I thought lets check her out and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. She's from Rotterdam but sounds as if she came straight from the US. Her first single is called Do For Love and it's a really good song. Normally I don't really listen to soul/R&B stuff, even though I really like Jill Scott. But this girl she's real talented. This song can get her real far. And it makes me proud that she's from the same small country I'm from. After supermodel Doutzen Kroes and actress Carice Van Houten who will play Tom Cruise's wife in the upcoming Bryan Singer (The Usual Suspects, X-Men) film Valkyrie, we now have Sabrina Starke. Keep an eye out on her, she might be real big at the end of this year.

No comments: