Thursday 23 October 2008

$!MR. LYNCH HAS BEEN MEDITATING FOR OVER 33 YEARS|}

Last night I had to work at SMART cinema and got to watch my first movie there for free. Because my colleague Carina didn't mind me leaving early as all movies were already playing and those would be the last ones for the day, instead of leaving I asked if it would be alright to watch the movie that was playing in the big cinema. She was alright with that, so therefore I ended up seeing this documentary about David Lynch, called Lynch, or Lynch (One) by blackANDwhite. I have to say I feel so cool showing the movie for the people and then getting to watch the movie myself. It's so fun to work at this place. I love this job. So what I learned from the documentary. Well, firstly, Mr. Lynch meditates. Funny. He loves visiting old factories. And started making photographs dogitally. I already knew he shot his last film Inland Empire digitally, so nothing new there, but stil it was nice to see some footage of him at the set of the film. I learned how he works with his actors like Laura Dern, how he directs. I love him for the fact that he´s very involved and does a lot of things himself. That's something I can really appreciate. I love artists who are really in control of their work. I once again realized how it has to be like working on a film set as an actor and how fun it is to act and really be able to be busy with it and get directions from the director you are working with. It´s really fun. Lynch is also a sound engineer and used this old gramophone player to get some freaky sounds. The guy loves France and celebrates the 14th of July, Bastille day. I guess there was more, but so far this is what I could remember right now of all the things I found out about the guy. I also loved his appreciation of a good photograph, it's nice to see someone so passionate about something. And of course his hair, so fun this guy must be.

No comments: