Monday 15 September 2008

%!SQUID><

I just finished watching The Squid And The Whale of which I forgot how great it is. I love the family Noah Baumbach presents, so honest, so recognizable, and making for some very embarrassing but funny moments. If only I would be able to write something like that.
Just around the middle I was thinking how great it must have been seeing this film in a small art house type of cinema and enjoying it with a crowd of people who, if they'd enjoy it of course, would just totally get you right there and then, laughing at the same things you laugh at and appreciating all Baumbach presents. It's nice having some confirmation sometimes knowing that there are other people out there just like you. So yeah, a big screen and great sound aren't the only aspects which can make going to the cinema such a more wonderful experience than watching a movie at home.



And I liked Margot At The Wedding, unlike lots of others. Just the kid playing the son made watching it all the less enjoyable as I could not shed this thought of him having easily been a girl. This distracted me every time.

No comments: