Sunday 21 September 2008

"{PRAGUE*^

So I finally continue. Prague was huge. It has everything big wide streets with lots and lots of shops at Wenceslas Square. I had breakfast in this big shopping mall. I ate a wrap, which was nice. After I went to explore the city, walking all the way up to the Royal Gardens. No trams or metros, just doing everything by foot, which is what I like. Having walked up the stairs I enjoyed the beautiful view looking down at the city from above. The weather was really good, far better than in Copenhagen. At the Old Town Square I went into one of the churches and almost at the end of the afternoon I discovered a gallery where there was a Salvador DalĂ­ and Alfons Mucha exhibition. So after thinking to have a day without visiting a museum I did find one afterall. The train to Budapest was leaving at 21.47 so I still had a lot of time. So I started walking, discovering parts that were a bit outside the city center. I went into a supermarket and bought two oranges and later on passed a Tesco! :) At the train station I had a chat with this guy from India who had been travelling round and later I went to look for my train as there was some confusion. There was no mention of a train to Budapest, though there was one to Bucharest which had the number of the train I had to take. So I asked the guy at the information desk and he said he didn't know where the train to Budapest was and told me I had to wait as it might pop up on the screen in some minutes. I noticed other people were confused as well. Eventually I decided to check that train going to Bucharest and I asked some guy of the train whether this was my train as well. He told me no, though I was sure it was, 'cause the number of this train was the same as the one I had to take. So I walked back, my backpack on my back and waited a while to see if a train would pop up with destination Budapest. Eventually I asked a different guy at a different tickt information desk and he told me I indeed had to go on the train with destination Bucharest. So I was right, it was my train and so I went off to Budapest.

It looks cloudy in some of the pictures, but really the weather was great that day!









These shoes are hanging up there, because...?














I guess it did became a bit cloudy at the end of the day afterall. But it didn't get real colder.

No comments: