Monday 15 September 2008

%$RA TA TA RAAAAAAAAAAAA_(

A good band name is a plus, but to me it sometimes seems a real must as just a band´s name can get me excited already without having even heard one song. I guess good bands have animals in them, 'cause lots of them seem to be great, Band Of Horses, Panda Bear, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, and of course the mighty Wolf Parade are just a few. But it seems having some Ra Ra's or Ta Ta's in your name's not so bad either and guarantees your band to Ro Ro ROCK! At least for both Ra Ra Riot and Ratatat, that is. Love them both and just discovered them like yesterday. Well Euan listened to Ratatat so I thought what's thathatat? And Ra Ra Riot, I came across their video for the greatness that is their song called Ghost Under Rocks while looking for some stuff about Alma Har'el, director of Beirut's music video for Elephant Gun. Ratatat's Seventeen Years is an instant smash that makes you go F*CK YEAH and NOW I CAN DIE.




So just as one movie still can make me go all kinds of crazy over a movie without knowing the director, plot, or having even seen one second of it (this was for both the film 4.30 by Royston Tan - which I still haven't seen unfortunately - and Margot At The Wedding - the pink hat does it for me, it's just such a nice detail which immediately catches my attention, I like that - though they're just two of many examples) a bands name alone can get me excited as well or at least curious. Anyway, anyone knows something synonymous to 'at least' 'cause I'm using it way too much.



Just this picture is enough to go me all kinds of crazy. It shows so much and yet so little. It just makes me tremendously curious and excited to watch this film called 4.30.



Yup, that's the kid in the background I was talking about earlier, just behind Nicole Kidman wearing the pretty pink hat. You know it's a boy, but he just can't help challenging you to wonder if he really is one or turns out to be a girl, which would not come as a surprise if it turned out he really was, but he's not.

It's late. I need bed.

No comments: