Sunday 7 September 2008

?>Gloomy Copenhagen+!




After the nighttrain I woke up in Copenhagen where I first met this girl and her mother and three of her mother's friends or sisters who had been hiking and had been sleeping in the couchette with me. The girl spoke English really well and told me she was into film, was a dancer and had made her own short film, being now more interested in cinema than ever before. We got to this point after she asked whether there was something I really wnated to visit and then I mentioned the Cinemateket as one of the things I wanted to see. And so it happened that she informed me about her passion for cinema and I told her about mine. The weather in Copenhagen wasn't as nice as in Frankfurt, which the girl warned me about as she told me in Copenhagen it's always very gloomy. However, I ended up liking this as it gave the city even more character. With its big wide open streets Copenhagen felt to really be a city standing on its own. So far I haven't seen any city like it. It appears really fresh, clean and kind of modern. I went to visit another museum, however the Cinemateket was really more just a cinema and I wasn't going to see a movie so it ended up not being that interesting. After the museum I walked and walked in order to take a picture of the famous statue of the mermaid. Lots of people surrounding it, but really, it's not that special at all. Shops were closed and late in the afternoon I didn't have that much left to do. Started to just wander around the city a bit and then ended up going back to the train station where I went online and bought three DVD's with my Danish money. Next stop, Prague.




Birds! Hitchcock would be proud :)




And there she was...

No comments: