Saturday 4 April 2009

($THERE'S ONLY ONE ELVIS~+

Last night I saw Elvis Perkins perform with his band Dearland in Paradiso, so much fun! It was very intimate 'cause it was in their small concert hall upstairs so it really felt like being at this special party. Lots of older people, some really old guys to my right who didn't dance, but they occassionally yelled the funniest things and one man kept saying, wow, another highlight of the evening! Apparently one of our most famous actresses, or actually, she is our most famous actress, Carice van Houten is a major Elvis Perkins fan! Yup, she was there standing at the front with two girlfriends of her who happened to be very enthusiastic, so they jumped and danced which was cool 'cause they kind of happened to be the only one. Some people just don't dance. But it was a very good show, the sound was perfect and the band played well and they played so many different instruments, so fun. Everyone loved it when the drummer went to play on this big marching band drum thing or one of the other guys started to play the trumpet. They played a lot of new songs from the new album which apparently was released in stores yesterday so I suddenly felt I had to pretend just a little I did not yet know all of the songs, 'cause you know, how could I? :) He also played, of course, While You Were Sleeping, can't perform without doing that one. Wished they also played All The Night Without Love, but they didn't. Knowing that not too long ago Women had played in this place as well I couldn't help feeling just a little bit of regret for not going and they even performed twice. So from now on, if I'm able to go and it's not at all expensive, I should just go. Next I want to see a band like Wolf Parade, 'cause I need a gig like that. If only Foals would come to here, that would be amazingly cool.

Yet again, these pictures aren't taken by me:



No comments: