Sunday 8 February 2009

*&I'VE SEEN MILK()

Finally I saw it. I thought it was great, I loved the way it looked especially the beginning. Kind of felt that started as a showing of where Van Sant had been the last couple of years, his last couple of works, with very intersting camera angles and beautiful close-ups during James Franco and Sean Penn's intimate moments. Oh and the coloured intertitles were so My Own Private Idaho-ish! Nice to have spotted Van Sant, he always seems to make cameos like Hitchcock used to do. Diego Luna and Emile Hirsch were real fun, Josh Brolin was good too. His role slowly develops.

But where were the aliens?!

Edit: there were none. Never have been any. A while ago I took at a look at InContention.com a site which follows all the awards chatter and something they happen to do is choose the top 10 best shots of the year from films. There was a shot from Milk and I quickly looked at it. I had mistaken it for something with aliens I guess, seeing some kind of UFO i thought. But no. :)

No comments: