Monday 9 February 2009

*$I'VE SEEN GOMORRA~!

Last night Milk now Gomorra. I had some catching up to do. The Wrestler arrives this Thursday as well as Slumdog Millionaire which will most likely win the Academy Award for Best Picture of the year as it already has won so many other awards. But Gomorra. Lots of buzz. I can see why. However, I felt it didn't flow that well and never really got into it completely. Perhaps too many characters whom you never really get to know. It just presents bits and pieces, never really takes you in completely. It's okay, but not as amazing as I've felt a lot of people find it to be. An aspect I liked is how the camera stays real close to the characters their faces. But overall it's quite predictable and I was really missing some good character involvement, you don't get to really know any of them so you don't really feel for them and I felt that to be really able to get immersed in all the stories, getting to know these characters is essential. I expected a bit more and at the same time I didn't as I never felt it would be that great, or at least I never expected it to really overwhelm me. So in a way I got exactly what I expected.
Wouldn't be suprised to see a Martin Scorsese version of this in some years, faster paced and with big name actors.

No comments: