Thursday 22 January 2009

#&AWARDS SEASON)_

Today Oscar nominees will be announced! I won't be able to watch live on CNN like I've done the previous years 'cause I'll be working at the IFFR. Last night had a blast. Met two girls who I knew from my lectures, though we never really talked, we didn't really know each other just recognized each others faces. So I wasn't planning ons eeing the volunteers opening film Bronson, which was going to start at 10 pm and this meeting I had before was at 7 and would finish around 8pm, meaning that i had to wait two hours before the start of the opening film. So I thought, no, I'm going home. But I ended up having dinner with these two girls and two other people who we just randomnly met. So I had a really fun start of the festival. Rotterdam I have to say, I don't udnerstand the traffic really, trams everywhere. By night the Pathé and De Doelen look very nice. I havent had the feeling yet I've really seen the city so I cant really tell yet whether I like it or not. But because I've heard from a lot of people they were a bit dissapointed with Rotterdam I'm a bit more sceptical. But so far I like it.

Plus, I found out I had a 7.8 for one of my courses and I already had a 8.5 for another one. So I'm doing really well. Passed everything so far. Now only have one more course left which will start February 2nd and my final MA thesis.

No comments: