Thursday 8 January 2009

*(JAGDHUNDE{}

Of course my birthday isn't complete without going to the cinema, so that's what I did last night. The film I saw was Jagdhunde and really blew me away, what an amazing little film. There's tension moving every scene, even when there doesn't appear to be much going on. Full of envy I watched Constantin von Jascheroff who played the main character Lars perfectly well. So natural, so subtle. And envy for its director Ann-Kristin Reyels and all the other contributors to this film! The choices of shots during this crazy table tennis scene left me with a big grin on my face. I was in awe of the image. The person who edited this did an amazing job. And then there's this great sense of humour in this film. Overall it's a real drama, but at times it has this light comedy feel to it. So well timed. So well done. Lars I cared the most for, but the other characters really got to me as well. Both his father, his mother, as well as his aunt. And then there's Marie the girl he shares this great bond with. I was really surprised by all this and didn't expect it to be this good having seen the trailer which didn't reveal much at all. Even though the two are very different I felt this was Lake Tahoe all over again. For small inspirational films like this I go to the cinema.

No comments: