Wednesday 28 January 2009

?"ALMOST 2 HOURS(*

UIm happy to be home again after a long 2 hours in the train. A bit of delay and changing trains. I took one to Amsterdam Central but that one didn't stop in Haarlem. But it's okay. Also a woman was lying on the ground at one of the train platforms. Don't know what happened, but they had to call the ambulance. So that took another 15 extra minutes. It was my day off from the festival so I decided to watch at least 4 films. I saw That's It, a Brazillian film, April Showers, a Portugese one (though I didn't really see it due to me almost falling asleep a couple of times), Jerichow, German film from Christian Petzold who also did Yella, and the last one Unmade Beds, an Argentinian one, very very nice. I rated it a 5, which is highly personal, but it deserved it. That film is me, I can so relate to everything from the characters to the beautiful shots. My only complaint would be that it makes life seem so pretty and dreamy with lots of movie-moments if you know what I mean. So I had to remind myself that I was watching a film and in real life things don't look like this. But it's definitely a film I would like to own so when it arrives on DVD I'll probably buy it one day. I'm now even more excited to watch the first film by this director who's name is Alexis Dos Santos, which was Glue. Unmade Beds made me an instant fan. We share the same vision.
I'll be sad when the festival ends. How come they're so amazing...

No comments: