Wednesday 9 July 2008

*&I AM AN EXCELLENT STEEL HORSE+_

I went to my room today and took some new pictures, but I can't access them right now as my mum has taken the camera with her to a concert to see Common (a rapper, for all of you who don't know) together with my brother. So I'll upload those when I have them. Made a cake and a bread today, yep, real signs of summer vacation. 'Cause that's what I most of the time do to get through the summer which most of the time happens to be very boring. Both look and taste real nice. I should have made pictures as well. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks to Marion for introducing me to Rock Plaza Central. Didn't know them before, but they're GOOD and sound kind of similar to Neutral Milk Hotel which is not a bad thing at all. So whenever I'm not listening to Bon Iver I will go and listen to them, while also discovering all these other new bands she told me about and some which I discovered myself today. Apparently their album Are We Not Horses? is all about steel horses who I guess seem to have a hard time excepting they're not real horses, but horses made of steel. Hence song titles like I Am An Excellent Steel Horse and Our Hearts Will Not Rust? Pretty wack, but who cares. If singing about steel horses is what it takes to make an excellent album, then so be it! And of course they're from Canada. ;)

No comments: