Tuesday 3 March 2009

&%MELKWEG = ♥_+

First time in Melkweg last night and I absolutely enjoyed it. In between Heartbreaker (supporting act) and Friendly Fires the music was playing so loud and it sounded so good. This remix of Late Of the Pier's Bathroom Gurgle came on and I thought I was about to die. So GOOD!!! They also played Foals, twice even! Seems like Melkweg is the place to be for me and would definitely liek to go back just for a party. Heartbreak was nice by the way, really nice. I think they're from Italy 'cause the singer had this very strong Italian accent (first I thought he was French, but no) and they make this very fun disco music bringing back the Italo disco genre. A lot of people danced. It was very warm so I took of my hat very quickly which at first I'd kept on. The place was crowded. Lots of beer drinking. Great atmosphere. The singer from Heartbreak is a real crazy guy, very expressive during his performance, he went wild and the crowd loved it. So funny to watch. I'm goign to listen to their album very soon, 'cause I instantly liked them. Then came Friendly Fires and I'll be honest in saying that it was okay. Unfortunately Ed MacFarlane the singer of the band didn't sound as great as on the album or as some of the performances I watched from them. The music seemed to overshadow his voice a bit. Of course he danced like a crazy person shaking his hips. So fun. I'm a big supporter of just letting go and be yourself and go crazy not thinking about what people might think. He goes for it all the way and it's fun. The concert was pretty short which is udnerstandable 'cause the guys only have one record out so far. But it reminded me how great this record is 'cause every song on it is worth performing live 'cause they're all so damn catchy. Favourites of mine were Photobooth and of course On Board. During their hit Paris everyone started to jump of course and I couldn't help thinking about those 6 days i had just spent there with the most amazing bunch of people. Next time I would like to for once go together with people who enjoys the music as much as I do. I need to start finding some music friends here in NL or just wait until some international friends join me 'cause moments like these are there to be shared...

Pictures not taken by me ;)

Heartbreak:




Friendly Fires:



No comments: