Friday 20 June 2008

_+GIVE IT A CHANCE: ROBYN - ROBYN}}



Every now and then I listen to an artist which doesn't really seem to fit in my list of artists I like nowadays, but which have caused such a stir lately, that I can't help to give their album a chance and check it out. All the stellar reviews had me pretty curious, so now finally I decided to give Robyn's fourth, and sure to be her most successful album to date, a spin. It's a mix of pure pop with some R&B and occasionally rap by the singer songwriter. People who love pop will eat this record like cake and after some spins I can totally see why the record is receiving such critically acclaim aside from the non-critics loving the CD and I have to admit I quite enjoy it! M.I.A. is an example of those artists that are already on the edge considering my taste, but I just really happen to love M.I.A. and her crazy mix of styles which makes her sound so refreshing and original. I feel in comparison Robyn lacks that originality, but still it's a very solid pop album. If I like it, I'm sure people who love pop will eat this record like cake and have this CD stuck on repeat in no time (if they haven't already done so).

No comments: